Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, these are some of the reasons why people can’t have cosmetic injectables.
- If you are under 18, pregnant, breastfeeding or trying to get pregnant or undergoing IVF treatment.
- If you are unwell or have an active infection,
- If you have had previous reaction to injectables or
- If you have an uncontrolled medical diagnosis.
- You must wait two weeks after having covid 19 infection to get any dermal filler, and you must wait 2 weeks between getting a covid-19 vaccination and dermal filler
- You must wait 4 weeks between major dental work and any cosmetic injectables.
- You must not be travelling interstate or overseas in the two weeks following dermal filler
Your first Anti-Wrinkle/Dermal filler appointment will start with a thorough facial assessment with Nurse Monique in which you will discuss medical history, allergies, concerns, goals, expectations, budget and post care advice. Together you will form a personalised treatment plan targeting your goals. Nurse Monique ensures her clients are educated on the skin and the ageing process to build a solid understanding of why certain treatments would or wouldn’t work. This process ensures Monique’s Clients’ appreciate procedures and ensures they have realistic expectations of treatment outcomes and skin health.
Before photos are obtained prior to treatment for documentation purposes and you will be asked to sign a consent form for your treatment. You will then have a short video appointment with a specialist cosmetic doctor to go over the proposed treatment plan in which you will also have the chance to ask any further questions you may have. Monique will then continue with your decided treatment, advise you of your aftercare instructions and book you in for your complimentary two week follow up appointment.
You can pay via cash, eftpos or Zip Pay in the clinic on the day of treatment.
As our faces age, we lose volume in our muscles, fat and tissue, and the overlying skin tends to sag, and wrinkles can form. Dermal fillers can restore some of that well-rested look to even the most mature face. Dermal fillers are also used to hydrate and restore volume to cheeks, lips, chin, lower face, jaw, hands and around the eyes.
Dermal fillers can restore fullness to lips and cheeks with a natural-looking result and provide volume in the chin, jaw, and hands. Dermal fillers can help to re-volumise and hydrate the face and skin.
Dermal fillers work by minimising the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by creating volume in the inner layers of skin. Dermal fillers are substances injected into the skin of the face to fill in deep folds and wrinkles.
Dermal fillers are used mainly for “static” facial lines and folds, the ones that do not come and go as you change your expression. That includes the folds between your nose and the outer corners of the mouth (nasolabial folds); the lines that extend from the corners of the mouth to the chin (marionette lines); a semi-circular line that may appear on the chin with age (supramental crease); and the hollow that sometimes occurs between the chin line and a drooping jowl (pre-jowl depression).
Dermal fillers can also restore fullness to lips and cheeks with a natural-looking result and provide volume in the chin, jaw, and hands.
The most widely used dermal fillers are made of Hyaluronic acid (HA). This molecule provides a natural cushion in the skin by attaching itself to water molecules. HA fillers are absorbed slowly and come in a variety of consistencies suited to filling different lines. Dermal fillers are gels with a hyaluronic acid base (like a sugar gel), which can be injected into certain areas of your face to either correct wrinkles, fill in deep scars or non-surgically change the shape of certain parts of your face. Hyaluronic acid is a substance found naturally in the body, and over time the dermal filler breaks down via normal body processes.
Ordinary side effects following dermal filler injections include swelling, redness, bruising, lumps and mild asymmetry as the inflammation settles down.
Results are temporary, typically lasting six to 24 months. Treatment must be repeated to maintain the effect.
Treatment in the lip area does not last as long. Usually, around six to twelve months before additional procedures are needed.
Much of the difference you see after your initial dermal filler injection will be due to swelling; you should see the ‘real’ results after about three days. You will be able to return to work.
The usual procedure for dermal fillers is:
- You will speak with the doctor and nurse about your background and medical history at your initial consultation.
- Your doctor and nurse will formulate a treatment plan, which may include other therapies, if appropriate.
At your dermal filler appointment:
- The dermal filler product contains a local anaesthetic that makes the injection comfortable.
- The area to be injected is marked out the dermal fillers are injected.
- The procedure takes about 30-60 minutes in total, depending on the area that is being treated.
Local anaesthesia can be used, if necessary, although it is not needed for all patients. Without local anaesthesia, patients generally say there is little to no discomfort with dermal filler injections.
It is advised to wait 2 weeks between your vaccination or having COVID-19 and a dermal filler treatment.
It is based on advanced technology that engages with the body’s receptors and stimulates collagen growth and a much more natural reaction. Unlike HA dermal fillers, Bioremodeling flows easily and distributes itself within the skin tissue, rather than being locally placed by an injection. The result is a healthier and more elastic dermis, which fills and volumizes more naturally.
It works by stimulating 4 variants of collagen and elastin through the slow release of HA. This process results in significant skin tissue improvement. That is why we do not label as a skin booster as it also boasts an impressive tightening / lifting effect on the skin.
Bioremodeling treatment improves skin tone, texture, hydration and overall radiance. It can help to increase firmness and elasticity and promote healthier and softer-looking skin.
Anti-wrinkle injections reduce the wrinkles caused by the continual and repeated contraction of the tiny muscles of the face, which wrinkle up the overlying skin. Anti-wrinkle injections provide a highly effective method of smoothing the skin and are one of the most widely performed cosmetic treatments today.
Anti-wrinkle injections are particularly useful in treating a specific type of wrinkle. If you have deep frown lines or forehead or crow’s feet, anti-wrinkle injections may produce best results for you.
Anti-wrinkle injections are performed with extreme precision by our Cosmetic Nurse. She is comprehensively trained to achieve maximum wrinkle reduction, with minimal effect on your facial expression.
Other benefits include:
- Rapid, noticeable results that last up to four months.
- Can help to reduce and soften the wrinkles in the forehead, crow’s feet and frown lines
- Treatments can create a smooth and rejuvenated appearance in all upper facial lines.
- Help to prevent future lines forming or deepening by relaxing the muscle
- Noticeable improvements in one to two days.
- Results that last up to four months.
- The treatment used is a unique biological pharmaceutical that has been used clinically for over 25 years and has a 20 year safety profile
Anti-wrinkle injections work by blocking signals between the nerves and muscles, preventing muscles from contracting and forming lines on the surface of the skin. The result is fast, effective and impressive control of frown lines, wrinkles and fine lines. Anti-wrinkle injections are not a permanent solution, and further treatments are required periodically to maintain the effect. The visible signs of every stress and ageing can be reduced.
Due to the biological mechanism in action, anti-wrinkle injections are more conducive to side effects. Common side effects include:
- Temporary bruising from the injection itself
Less commonly, the following side effects can also occur:
- Eyelid droop
- Eye twitching
- Weakness in surrounding muscles
Any side effects that occur are temporary.
The usual procedure for anti-wrinkle injections is:
- You will speak with the nurse about your background and medical history at your initial consultation
- Your nurse will formulate a treatment plan for your wrinkles, which may include other therapies in addition to the injections if appropriate
At your anti-wrinkle injection appointment:
- The nurse will map out the area to be treated by examining your ability to move certain facial muscles
- Small injections are made in the targeted, which are causing your wrinkles. Each injection is made to a specific depth and with a particular volume of fluid
You can expect the full effect of your anti-wrinkle injections to be apparent after 14 days, and for the result to last approximately three to four months.
The following are expected following SkinPen® procedures with experiences varying between clients:
- Low grade redness and swelling for up to 4 days post treatment
- Slight discomfort subsiding with 24 hours
- Mild crusting and scabbing for 2-3 days post treatment
- Short term skin dryness, tightness, itching and burning
- Skin peeling
- Short term darkening of skin pigmentation followed by lightening
Depending on the individual, some clients may be able to resume normal activities immediately following a SkinPen® procedure with other resuming normal activities the day after. The exception to this is exercise and activities that induce sweating and heat, as they may aggravate the skin post-procedure.
Microneedling procedures may improve the appearance of acne and surgical scars, however they cannot completely remove them.
Microneedling procedures may improve the appearance of melasma, however cannot completely remove it or prevent it from coming back again.
Every client varies with regards to their treatment needs, with most skin concerns requiring more than one procedure to achieve results. Your treating practitioner will create a treatment plan based on your individual needs and explain this to you during your first consultation. This plan may need to be reviewed over time.
It may take up to 3-6 months to see results with SkinPen®. This is because beneficial effects associated with microneedling rely upon the wound healing process within the skin which takes time, hence results may take this long to physically appear.